JUNE 19TH UPDATE TO CLASS OF 2020 DRIVE BY CELEBRATION
Dear Class of 2020:
I wanted to update and clarify the details of the class of 2020 Drive By Celebration and answer some common questions that have been asked. We will proceed rain or shine, in the same way I previously described with one improvement. The graduate’s vehicle will stop by the attendant at the CATS Theatre Doors in the north parking lot, the Graduate and only the Graduate will exit the vehicle and walk on the cobblestone walkway to pick up their memento and share a celebratory moment with staff and Principals. Ms. Scallion will take pictures of the walk and share with students later. No one else is allowed to exit the vehicle.
- There will be no Public Parking on school grounds, all entrances will be closed to the public. Only staff parking will be allowed
- There will be no gathering of the public or family on school grounds. Public and family may share the event from a distance along the route outside the chain-link fence.
- Picking up Caps and Gowns ( if you ordered one): Caps and Gowns for those that requested one have arrived. You may pick them up Monday 10-3:30 or Tuesday 9-3:30 in the cafeteria
- What should you wear June 26th? It is your moment – You can wear your Formal wear or your Cap and Gown whatever you want to wear for your red carpet convocation moment.
- Reminder- No one other than the graduate is allowed to leave the vehicle.
- Only one Graduate (and their twin, if they have one) and other family per vehicle
- A peace officer will be monitoring traffic to keep the flow safe at the intersection
- No public parking on school grounds.
- No Gathering other than Staff and Dignitaries is allowed on school grounds, please.
- Please follow and respect these conditions, it may not be exactly what you hoped for, but a lot of work has gone into making this moment the best it can possibly be for you, while adhering to Covid protocols.
R.F. Staples Class of 2020 Celebration:
June 26 th Starting at 11:00am
- There will be an opportunity for a Drive By Staff / Student exchange in the North parking lot – students drive into the parking lot, only one Graduate allowed per vehicle (and siblings). Graduates may have family of the same household in the same vehicle but only one graduate(except siblings) is allowed. Students will drive west on 104st and enter the staff parking lot at the 101ave entrance(diagram included at the bottom). Students will drive clockwise around the staff parking and stop in by the entrance to the CATS Theatre. The Graduate (only the graduate) will exit the vehicle. The graduate will do a RED CARPET recognition walk and have a picture with School Principals taken by Ms. Scallion (we will share these pictures with graduates later). The car will move forward and pick the graduate up at the end of the red carpet walk. The graduate will re-enter the vehicle and exit the parking lot heading west on 104st. past the photos of all the CLASS OF 2020 signs. No guests are allowed to leave their vehicles and we are only permitting staff and dignitaries to gather on school grounds. Students may pick up their personal lawn sign at 2pm. If they are not picked up, we will pick them up and store them for you. The 3 scheduled times for the drive by are as follows:
- Students’ last names A- F Drive by at 11:00am – 11:30am
- Students’ last names G-M Drive by at 11:30am -12:00pm
- Students’ last names N-Z Drive by at 12:00pm -12:30pm
It is imperative that all attendees follow the Provincial Covid 19 Guidelines for Drive by Convocation Ceremony.
- Program (Recorded bios and Speeches- link goes live on June 26th at 1:30pm)
- Video link will be sent to their PHRD email, privacy settings to any PHRD email with link can view
RF Staples’ staff is extremely proud of the class of 2020 and we look forward to celebrating your accomplishments in the best way we can at this time. We look forward to seeing you on June 26th and sharing the celebration program with you to enjoy with your family.
Perry Kulmatyski, Associate Principal