All coaches must complete a current criminal record check, a vulnerable sector record check, and a concussion course. First Aid/CPR certification is an asset.
Coach training opportunities are also available and are encouraged.
Current coaching opportunities:
- School Coach Learning Centre
- Positive Coaching Alliance
- Champions of Character
- The Center for Character Education (Culver Academies)
- Proactive Coaching
- National Alliance for Youth Sports
- Character Education Partnership
- Character Counts (Josephson Institute)
- Alberta School Athletics Association
- Canadian Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association
For more information or to volunteer as a community coach, please contact the athletic director.